• Current Food Handlers Certificate is required.
• Secondary School Diploma or equivalent is required.
• Food Service Worker certificate required or enrolled and actively pursuing completion of Food Service Worker certificate and/or food service experience acceptable to the hospital.
• Preference will be given to candidates with recent experience in a healthcare setting.
• Able to do heavy lifting, repetitive motions and standing for long periods of time.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Established initiative and ability to work independently or as a team in a flexible manner.
• Demonstrated excellent attendance record and work ethic.
• Knowledge of computer software programs.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated commitment to privacy and confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis.
Other pertinent conditions:
Must be available to work all shifts as required, which may include; weekends, stat holidays, day and evenings.