Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services, Clinical Informatics, Diagnostic Imaging and Respiratory Therapy, the Manager, Clinical Services is responsible and accountable for all nursing functions and personnel within the assigned areas of responsibility. This position manages and coordinates the delivery of quality patient care, the development of team members and of nursing systems across both Alexandra Hospital, Ingersoll and Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital.
Share this Page
Click here to Donate
Posting: Integrated Manager, Clinical Services
Posted on: April 26, 2021
Closing on: May 31, 2021
Position type: Full-Time, Permanent
- Accountable for managing and coordinating the delivery of quality patient care and is responsible for safe, ethical, legal and professional nursing practices
- Demonstrates a proactive approach to planning recruitment of team members; plan, develop and approve suitable staffing complements and staffing rotations
- Investigate incidents and recommend follow-up action, counsel and manage conflict for team functioning and provision of optimal quality patient care
- Manage performance expectations and ensure performance reviews are conducted for team members
- Identify learning needs and develop education plans, foster the development of professionalism and continuing education for team members
- Collaborate with Employee Health and Wellness to modify job requirements; assisting employees to return to work; monitor attendance patterns and follow up with goals to support regular attendance
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of collective agreements and labour relations resource materials
- Monitor and control utilization, spending and budget allocations to ensure adequate space, staff, equipment and supplies to fulfill identified needs.
- Collaborate to develop and implement policies and procedures for care delivery and utilization of equipment and supplies;
- Identify quality of care concerns and work to address these concerns to ensure the best patient outcomes possible
- Investigate and monitor incident reports, i.e. medication, patient, visitor, employee and unusual occurrences as well as trends in these reports and direct corrective actions where concerns are identified
- Performs duties in a manner that exemplifies and facilitates both quality and patient safety
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Registered Nurse possessing a current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing is required.
- Minimum five (5) years progressive experience in which leadership skills, theoretical and clinical knowledge have been demonstrated
- Demonstrated behaviors supporting the Core Values of Respectful, Compassionate, Adaptable and Encouraging
- Active membership in professional organizations
- Possess the ability to promote effective relationships within Patient Services and areas of responsibility, with other hospital services, other health disciplines, with health care facilities and community services
- Demonstrated innovation and leader of change
- Proven ability to provide leadership for quality improvement initiatives
- Recognition, understanding and demonstrated Emotional Intelligence (EI), particularly emotional self-awareness, assertiveness, optimism, stress tolerance and empathy in a variety of situations
- Knowledge of, and experience with, the concepts and operations of Patient and Family Centered care.
- Demonstrated leader of leaders; capable of developing other leaders to their full potential
- Results-oriented with excellent financial and quality management, project management, risk management, and operational planning skills
- Experience with formal LEAN and/or Six Sigma Training
$47.91 per hour - $56.06 per hour
Applying to this Position
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a resume detailing education and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (please quote posting number 21-14 in your email).
Successful applicants will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check as a condition of the job offer. Please be advised that as part of the selection process, a reference check will be conducted.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital and Alexandra Hospital, Ingersoll (TDMH/AHI) are equal opportunity employers and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted by TDMH/AHI regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.