- Organize, direct and administer the daily activities of the Pharmacy service.
- Assume full responsibility for security and safe storage of narcotics, controlled and other drug supplies throughout the hospital.
- Responsible for the product selection, acquisition, manufacture if necessary, distribution, safe use and storage of pharmaceutical products.
- Collaborate to develop, maintain and implement policies and procedures.
- Act as System Administrator for Omnicell Dispensing Cabinets.
- Participate in the short term and long term planning of the hospital and departmental goals and objectives and direct efforts as required to meet overall hospital objectives.
- Provide leadership and support for Pharmacy team members across both organizations.
- Responsible for delegation of the technical aspects of compounding and dispensing to non-pharmacists.
- Check patient profiles prepared by support team members and make clinical recommendations as needed.
- Prepare a pharmaceutical care plan for each patient, monitor outcome and efficacy of drug treatment. Take action as required to improve patient care and reduce costs.
- Ensure the availability of emergency drugs.
- Provide patient teaching programs and medication information to support these programs.
- Supply drug information to nursing team members and medical staff as requested, maintain a library of drug information.
- Investigate, report on, and monitor medication incident reports.
- Obtain input from team members and other disciplines to establish and prioritize needs and requests for budget allocations. Plan, prepare and submit for approval capital, operating and staffing budgets for area of responsibility.
- Ensure adequate and cost effective inventory of supply and services of the Pharmacy Service.
- Promote, encourage and empower team members of Pharmacy Service in order to create an environment that builds self esteem and supports productivity and dignity.
- Monitor compliance and advocate improvements to hospital policies/procedures and intervene in situations where safety or well-being of patient/team members is compromised.
- Communicate in an appropriate manner which demonstrates interest, empathy, trust and honesty in interactions with others.
- Work collaboratively with all other healthcare team members
- Advocate for a safe work environment by making safety improvement suggestions and promoting safety initiatives
- Demonstrate a commitment to privacy and confidentiality
Share this Page
Click here to Donate
Posting: Integrated Manager, Pharmacy
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Closing on: April 03, 2020
Position type: Full-Time, Permanent
• A graduate of a recognized school of Pharmacy and current registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacist.
• Preference will be given to persons with experience of a residency in Hospital Pharmacy.
• Preference will be given to persons with proven management skills and formal preparation in management.
• 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Strong team player with the ability to perform duties independently and professionally.
• Excellent teaching coaching and interpersonal skills are essential.
• Flexibility to meet operational requirements, including hours of work or on-call situations.
• Prioritizes and responds effectively to changing work demands.
• Shows initiative and identifies key issues, and takes logical responsible approach to problem solving, trouble shooting and conflict resolution.
• Commitment to ongoing education.
• Willingness to adapt to a changing health care environment.
• Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and provide feedback;
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills combined with the ability to work collaboratively within and across professions;
• Previous experience in quality improvement is preferred;
• Effective facilitation and change management skills;
• Excellent written and verbal skills;
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills;
• Excellent decision-making, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills;
• Excellent work ethic and positive attitude that demonstrates AH and TDMH values
$51.07 per hour - $59.73 per hour
Applying to this Position
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in applying for this position, please forward a resume detailing education and experience to email@example.com (please quote posting number 20-31 in your email).
Successful applicants will be required to provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check as a condition of the job offer. Please be advised that as part of the selection process, a reference check will be conducted.
Although we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.